Sunday, May 25, 2014

Liebster Award

Firstly I must thank Casey at Story Notions for nominating me for this award. I had honestly never even heard of what this was until she had sent me a comment. All in all it's just a fun little way for bloggers without a lot of subscribers to kinda get their name out there and talk to other bloggers.



The Rules:
  •  List 11 facts about yourself. 
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you. 
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers. 
  • You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you. 
  • Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!


Facts:


  • I’m a slow reader
  • I hate drama and liars 
  • I have not finished the Divergent trilogy 
  • Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi are my real life OTP 
  • I’m trying to teach myself Italian 
  • I also want to learn another language, like Finnish
  • I don’t sleep normal hours 
  • I’m impatient 
  • I wish I had the ability to fly 
  • Soft snicker doodle cookies are my favorites 
  • I love all things book swag

Questions:

1. When did you start blogging? And why did you start?
            I started blogging in the beginning of February and I started because I love talking about books so I wanted a place where I could rant about all the books I hate and love. 

2. What's the last book you reread? And why did you reread it?
            Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and do I really need a reason why? It’s Harry Potter. He’s just that beast. 

3. Favorite TV/movie? (that isn't based on a book)
            Doctor Who is one of my favorite shows and Supernatural.

4. Book/series that changed/influenced your life the most.
            Umm… let’s see… I don’t want to go for the obvious so I’m going to say… The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

5. Fandoms you're apart of and your 'favorite'.
            Oh this is a tricky question I love all my fandoms! SuperWhoLock are my favorites but the Harry Potter fandom is also my favorite. It’s impossible for me to simply have one!! I pick them all.

6. Hogwarts house. 
            Well technically, Ravenclaw, but if I could cheat… Ravendorpuff. ;D

7. Weird reading habits or needs to be able to read?
            Weird reading habits… I write in my paperbacks (I know, I'm a horrible person), I like to summarize what I’ve read as I’m reading it, I always need a blanket near me and something to drink, I like to keep my books looking new yet used at the same time. Are these weird? I don’t know.

8. Favorite book that was, at some point, 'required reading' for any reason.
            To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Great Gatsby, and 12 Angry Men

9. What is your OTP(couple you most like/want together)? And what is your NOTP(two characters you should never be together romantically, in your opinion)?
            My OTP would be… Percy and Annabeth from the PJO series. My NOTP would probably  be… Heathcliff and Isabella from Wuthering Heights.

10. Do you like ebooks? How often do you read one? Do you have an ereader?
            Well… I’m not too sure how to answer this. I don’t dislike ereaders. I have an ereader of my own actually, and I do read off of it from time to time, but I find myself more drawn to hardcopy books. I will pick a hardcopy over an ebook anyday.

11. What author, whose alive, do you most wish to meet and why?
            Ransom Riggs, Tahereh Mafi (even though I haven’t read the Shatter Me trilogy yet), Rick Riordan, Victoria Schwab, Neil Gaiman, George R.R. Martin, and Brandon Sanderson
 

Now for the part of the post where I nominate people. I'm ashamed to say I don't know of many blogs that have less than 300 followers; so I'm only going to list a few:
If you don't want to do this then that's fine, no harm no foul, it's just a little bit of blog love being spread around. Making friends/getting to know other bloggers and whatnot. If you do want to do this, then here are the 11 questions to go with your facts.
  1. What's you're favorite part about blogging?
  2. Is there a certain type of post that you prefer to do the most? (i.e. book hauls, reviews, random rants, memes, etc.)
  3. If you could only read one series for the rest of your life which would you pick?
  4. What's your favorite type of fictional creature? Your favorite mythical fantasy?
  5. Do you own any book swag? If so, what is your favorite piece?
  6. Would you rather live in Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, or Westeros?
  7. Have you ever picked up a book simply because a fictional character mentioned/loved it? What books were they? Did you like them?
  8. Do you have a favorite author?
  9. A favorite book?
  10. Do you lend out your books to your friends? If not, why?
  11. What are some of your favorite quotes?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did it and were excited I tagged you, and I totally agree - it's a fun/easy way for smaller bloggers to promote the other smaller blogs they like. :)
    And I also haven't finished the Divergent series, but because I got hugely spoiled and now am just waiting for that to be slightly less new in my brain.
    A great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was spoiled on it too and it made me SO MAD when I realized what I'd done (I had managed to avoid the spoiler for months before coming across it on YouTube). And now since I know what happens... I'm a little reluctant to read it. Plus I just have so many other things that interest me more at the moment! Lol it's conflicting.
      I'm glad I did this too. I noticed that I hadn't done it yet, so I figured, better now than never. (: It was fun. I liked the questions and figuring out new questions for the others. I just hope that they like it too.

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.