Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Friendships in Books

A weekly meme hosted by the wonderful The Broke and the Bookish


This week I got to pick 10 of my favorite friendships in books

 I could only think of about 5 friendships that are my favorites, but I think they are a good five, so I'm going to leave it at that.

1. The Harry Potter Series-  Harry, Ron, and Hermoine
I don't think I need to explain this one. It should be pretty obvious. This trio is a wonderful friendship and I wish I had friends like these three. 

2.  A Song of Ice and Fire-  Jon and Sam
From the moment Jon saves Sam from getting viciously beat on the two become as thick as thieves. Practically nothing will turn these two against one another. I've only read the first book so far, but I really like how close these two become, and how loyal they are to one another. It's very heartwarming.

3. The Lord of the Rings-  Sam and Frodo / Legolas and Gimli
 Sam and Frodo always make me smile. They have this unspoken bond between the two of them that just can't be explained, but it's beautiful. Legolas and Gimli are funny. they make me laugh with their light banter and constant comparison of each others strength. It's true at first they didn't like each other, but as they went on their journey to help Frodo destroy the ring, they became much closer than one would expect.

4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower-  Patrick, Charlie, and Sam
I love these three. Patrick and Sam are fun and outgoing and Charlie is so sweet and caring. Sam and Patrick basically save Charlie from himself. They never judge him because he's "odd" nor do they treat him differently for being younger than they are. They help Charlie see that life will be okay, even if there are some hard times, eventually everything will be okay.

5. Percy Jackson Series-  Percy, Annabeth, and Grover
Another great trio that I really don't think needs much explaining. These three always have each others back. From the very first book, when they went on their first quest, the bond of trust they created has always just astounded me. 

What are some of your favorite friendships? Let me know down in the comments. (:

 

4 comments:

  1. Good list, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson also made my list. I love Perks of Being a Wallflower even though I didn't consider it for this list I thought it had a good friendship and I like the Jon and Sam friendship as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Perks of Being a Wallflower has a very special place in my heart. Always has. So it was just simply a definite for me to put it in here as well. And I've only read the first book thus far, but Jon and Sam are just awesome to me.

      Delete
  2. I love your list, Percy Jackson and Harry Potter series are in my list too! :D
    my top ten tues: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-qi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those are such great friendships it's almost impossible to complete the list without them. All good feels, all good feels. :D

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.