Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 | Day 1 Update







The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is  low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Number of Pages Read Today: 
53 pgs

Total Number of Pages: 
53 pgs

Books:
Currently Reading Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Thoughts/Ramblings:
This first day of the read-a-thon didn't start off with the bang I was hoping it would, but I wouldn't consider it an overall flunk, at least I read a little bit. I totally blame my new unhealthy addiction to The Vampire Diaries show. Considering how this is the first day of the read-a-thon however, I'm going to relax and hope for a better day tomorrow. How did you fare on the first day? Am I the only one who got so distracted?


4 comments:

  1. I didn't read as much as I could have, because I fell asleep on bed, haha. What do you think about the book so far? I think it's great :D

    Bout of books - Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I'm really liking it. The first few chapters I was a little like.. "What?", but overall I'm very intrigued. I think things are going to get crazy soon. I can't wait. :D

      Delete
  2. Getting distracted is 110% why I made Bout of Books a priority! I normally take 3 days MAX on a book, and lately? Well... I've read 2 books all of August. So I needed motivation! LOL!

    How are you liking Days of Blood and Starlight? I've had it sitting on my shelf FOREVER and haven't picked it up yet. I suppose I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Distractions are so inconvenient at times. Especially when I have something to do and I always managed to get distracted one way or another. It can be frustrating.
      I'm enjoying Day of Blood and Starlight thus far from the little that I've read. I like the way the story is going right now.

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.