Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 Goals

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Goals

I'm hoping to read at least two or three books during this read-a-thon. I don't want to make my TBR outrageous, and set myself up for failure like I did last time, so I'm simply going to keep my pile light.

I want to visit at least 5 new blogs everyday and leave comments on those. I'm hoping to participate in a few challenges since they look like they'll be a lot of fun; my progress will be updated on Twitter with: #boutofbooks

Books


  1. Days of Blood and Slarlight by Laini Taylor
  2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
  3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

10 comments:

  1. Those are some great books you've chosen, and I think they'll be good readathon books! Full of action and good moments that keep you in the story.

    Good luck & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really stoked to get into these books. Everyone says such great things about all of them; especially Neil Gaiman's books. I feel like the week is gonna be a brilliant reading experience with lots of feels. (:

      Delete
  2. The Night Circus is my favorite book, ever. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard any bad comments about this book. I'm really excited to see what everyone adores about it.

      Delete
  3. The Night Circus is definitely up there with my favorite books! It takes a while to get into (it's slow at the start) but is just so beautifully written. I'm so excited for bout of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for the warning. I'll just have to remind myself to push through if I start to get a little bored. I hope you do well with the read-a-thon. I'm super stoked for Bout of Books too!! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm also going to read Days of blood and starlight. Stardust is a great and easy read. Good luck and happy reading :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the feeling Days of Blood and Starlight is going to be crazy. I can't wait though. Good luck with your reading as well! Perhaps afterwards we can talk about our opinions of the book/series. (:

      Delete
  5. I'm currently reading "The Night Circus" and I'm really enjoying it! I hope that you do too. Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors OF ALL TIME. Here's to hoping you end up loving "Stardust"! Great list and goals. Best of luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first Neil Gaiman book so I'm pretty excited to see why everyone praises his work so much. I also can't wait to get into The Night Circus too. (: All in all I think this is gonna be a great read-a-thon!

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.