Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Reads (8.8.14)



Currently I find myself working my way through The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin for the second time. A refresher before I pick up The Evolution of Mara Dyer. Though I haven't decided yet if I'm going to pick it up as soon as I finish The Unbecoming, or if I'm going to wait a bit; perhaps first I'll finish (or at least get through a good chunk) of the other book I'm also reading. The Mara Dyer series is creepy, but a good creepy, it's hard to put down the book once you've started it. It's about this girl who wakes up in the hospital with no memory of the accident that put her there. Being the only one out of all her friends to survive, her family decides to move to Florida to escape the fallout. There's a mysterious boy that seems to know more about her past than she does, but not only that, Mara struggles with the possibility that she could be losing her mind. All in all, this is a very freaky read, but completely worth the experience; unless you're too weak of heart.
The other book I'm currently working through is A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series. I don't want to say what this book is about because of spoilers. No body likes spoilers. But I will say that I'm about 240ish pages in and I am LOVING this book. It's so good, intriguing, and I just love the characters. I'm so happy to be back with some of the characters I loved in the first book and I can't wait to see what happens with them. Though if I'm going to be totally honest, I'm also a little scared, George is known for his brutality. I know the feels shall be massive. I just hope I'm prepared enough for them. Fingers crossed.

I have a few ideas of what I may what to pick up next. I have a pile of 3 or 4 books that I really want to get too soon. We'll just have to see what happens. Lucky for me I Bout-of-Books 11.0 is coming up soon. I shall have to take full advantage of this read-a-thon for sure. Anyways, now you know what's on my reading to-do list. What about you? What are you planning on reading this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.