Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Reads! (9.12.2014)









I'm still working on this beautiful bazooka of a book and I'm loving every single minute of it. And I've already got the second book so that will be happening VERY soon; I assure you of that. I'm about 70% done with the book thus far and I just CAN'T get enough of it. It's so unfortunate that I now have to deal with school and other crap. There are just too many distractions!

Life, stop keeping me from my beautiful books!!

Including this book, I'm also reading two others, in a read-a-long with other people. And even though I'm not really loving the distraction from my wonderful obsession, I won't say that the books I'm reading aren't also amazing; cause they are. So amazing. I'm having a brilliant reading week. I just hope school doesn't end up suffering for it.

I'm about half way through Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and a few chapters into Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. Both of these are really good from what I've read so far. There's not much I can complain about yet. Except for maybe one or two things in Shatter Me. Although I'm really liking the writing style of the story.

I'm actually super excited about all this reading I have to get done. Normally it would feel a bit overwhelming, all these things needed to be read at once, but strangely I'm just really stoked and ready for all the feels. At least... I hope I'm ready. If not, I should most likely be afraid. Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? Have you joined me in my love for Scottish men and kilts!?

I sure do hope so. It's much more fun over here. We have Jamie Fraser.

2 comments:

  1. Shadow and Bone really surprised me. I hope you enjoy!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.