Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Reads (9.5.2014)


I started Obsidian by ‎Jennifer L. Armentrout yesterday. I'm about half way through right about now and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it yet. There are things I like, things I don't like, perhaps I'm just reading this at the wrong time; I'm not certain. I don't think it helps that my focus on this book is warring with my recently accumulated obsession, and I think all of it might be putting me in a small funk; the obsession being the only thing I'm able to think about. It's upsetting, but I think I might need to put this book down and come back to it in a few days.

Now, my obsession. A couple of days ago, y'all may or may not be surprised, I started watching Outlander. Yes. And holy crap, I'm completely hooked. Only problem is... there's only 4 episodes out right now. So, obvious solution, I needed to get the book. Which I did. Now all I can think about is reading it! To me, it seems the only answer is to just listen to my heart, and my heart is telling me to read Outlander! Therefore...
I'm just going to start reading it and come back to Obsidian later. I can feel myself falling into a funk if I don't and nobody wants that. I don't at least. School has started and I don't want to fall behind on reading the books I want. This book is huge however, a good 700 pages, so it will most likely be the only thing I'll be getting into this weekend. But I'm excited. More than excited. I need more Jamie in my life!

Anyways, how about you? What are you reading this weekend? Do you have any new found obsessions you can't stop thinking about?

Side note: Isn't this cover beautiful? I love it. My copy is on my kindle so, unfortunately, I don't own such beauty, but I wanted to show it off for you anyway.


4 comments:

  1. I'm currently waiting for more episodes for Outlander, so I can binge-watch them :D I might reread the book before I get started. I believe I've read the first.. 3, but never continued and I still don't know why. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is so amazing! And so far I'm really enjoying the book too. I have so many Scotland feels! I now know where else I'm going when I can travel around Europe. How did you like the books you read? Do you think you may continue the series now that the show is airing?

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I don't have Starz so I have only seen the first episode (some promotion where they tease you into buying a channel). It looks really good!

    See I like Armentrout's chemistry, but I've read one book by her and it left much to be desired. Take a break, don't force yourself to read something you don't want to!
    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! It's absolutely brilliant! I'm completely hooked and love me some kilted men now. Haha!
      I don't know what it is but there's too many mixed feelings rolling around in my head for me to have any real opinion of Obsidian at the moment. I think I might just be reading this at the wrong time. That's gotta be it.

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.