Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Little Look At What I'm Working On: Beautiful Books #1



So I thought, since NaNoWriMo is coming up, I should join along with some of the writing fun. I'm still not 100% certain if I want to actually DO NaNoWriMo, but I thought doing this little Beautiful Books thing would be a good filler type of thing. What do y'all think? Should I just suck it up and do NaNoWriMo too? Haha! I don't know how great this little survey will be since I'm skeptical to answer some of the questions due to spoilers, but I figured: 'why not?', I'll be fun. This event was created by Cait at Notebook Sisters and Sky at Further Up and Further In. If you wanna know more about Beautiful Books then just click either of their links. 
 


  1. What came first: characters or plot idea? Are you a plotter or a pantser?
    My characters came first. I still pretty much have no clue where exactly I’m going with the plot, but my characters are practically fully developed already and I know generally what I want to happen. I would say that I’m a mixture of both. I plot, but not much, I’m more-so a pantser.

  2. Do you have a title and/or a “back-cover-blurb”?
    At the moment my title is “Transcendent” I think it works really well with the overall theme of my story. I do not have a blurb created for it yet. I know the beginning and some random scenes here and there, but as a whole, I’m still mulling over things. I’ll get there eventually though, haha!

  3. What wordcount are you aiming for when your novel is finished?
    I plan on my story having a lot of information and crazy things all packed into it, just one huge epic… Epicness. Yes, that’s what I want. And in order to achieve that I believe I’ll need, at the very least, 100,000 words total. That sounds good. I love long stories. (:

  4. Sum up your novel in 3 sentences.
    These are going to be pretty random sentences:
    Modern era female assassin somehow falls into an alternate medieval universe.
    Dragons and magical things.
    Kingdoms, royalty, secrets, betrayals, a complete mixture of ‘what?’

  5. Sum up your characters in one word each.
    There are going to be quite a few characters. I don’t want to list them all. In fact.. I think I mostly want to keep them as a surprise. So that’s what I might do.

  6. Which character are you most excited to write? Tell us about them!
    My main character, Viper, is the one I’m most excited to write. A morally corrupt assassin who’s so complexly complicated it’s hard to tell whether she’s good or evil? Oh yes. She is definitely my favorite. :D
     
  7. What about your villain? Who is he, what is his goal?
    I’m not totally certain about my villain yet. I’ve had different ideas about them overall, but nothing has really clicked as a ‘wow’ factor yet. Plus Viper is so corrupt that she could very well pass as a villain. I just need to keep brainstorming on this until I figure out what’s right.

  8. What is your protagonist’s goal? And what stands in the way?
    Viper has varying goals as the story progresses. First she wants one thing, then situations get changed, and she has to fight for something else. I don’t want to say too much about this cause I feel like it gives away spoilers.

  9. What inciting incident begins your protagonist’s journey?
    It’s a “call” type of thing. An extremely loud noise, that only Viper can hear, which leads her to a crack between the two worlds.

  10. Where is your novel set?
    In an alternate universe set in medieval times.

  11. What are three big scenes in your novel that change the game completely?
    Viper’s call.
    The first real test of Viper’s moral compass.
    Dragons.
    I’m sorry; this is really all I can say about this. I really don’t want to spoil important things.

  12. What is the most dynamic relationship your character has? Who else do they come in contact with or become close to during the story?
    Viper’s relationship with Huon will be one of the most dynamic. But there will also be two other relationships she gains that will be extremely complex as well.

  13. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
    … Mmm… Uhh… Spoilers…

  14. Do you have an ending in mind, or do you plan to see what happens?
    I’m going to wait and see what happens. I think that’s more fun for me in the grand scheme of things.

  15. What are your hopes and dreams for your book? What impressions are you hoping this novel will leave on your readers and yourself?
    I feel like this is an obvious answer, but I would really love for my book to get published. I really care about this story and the characters; I want others to read this one epic-ly emotional adventure and fall in love with them as I have. I also want to try to stop some of the hate on New Adult novels. They’re not all bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.