Sunday, November 30, 2014

How's the Writing Going?: Beautiful Books #2




Well, I started this and I haven't given up yet. It's almost over now. Just a few hours until NaNoWriMo is all over. I won't stop writing. Determination is my friend. This event was created by Cait at Notebook Sisters and Sky at Further Up and Further In. If you wanna know more about Beautiful Books then just click either of their links.

  1. Be honest: how is your writing going?

    Well, being honest... I've fallen a lot a little behind. I'm pretty confident I'm not going to be winning NaNoWriMo this year. But I'll still finish the story eventually.

  2. What’s your first sentence/paragraph?

    Disappearances are common in every country; all over the world, there is at least one person who hasn’t made it back home. There’s usually some kind of explanation for what happened, runaway, kidnapping, or murder, but there’s almost never an explanation for why. There is a darkness in the world. It grabs hold of some, keeping a tight grip on those with a weakness for such evil. Relentless with its grasp, darkness is well known to be a jealous lover; forever keeping hold of those it’s ensnared. These people, those who have dealt with the dark, come in many different variations. There are those who have had an accidental taste, altering their lives in ways they’ve never wished for, and then there are those who revel in the evil they possess.
     
  3. Do you have a book cover, and/or pictures that reflect your book?

    Sadly no. I'm going to rectify this mistake soon though. Tonight, maybe, if I find the time.

  4. Do you have pictures of each of your characters? If not, describe them for us! (Be as descriptive as you can.)

    Viper- Medium height, long curly, dark brown hair, full lips, prominent green eyes, flat nose, heart-shaped face, mocha colored skin, a lean body w/ curves, and a constellation of scars and tattoos all over her body.
    Huon- Tall and muscular build, short, curly auburn hair, deep-set stormy grey eyes, scars on his arms and left shoulder, square jaw, full lips, straight nose, unshaven stubble, olive skin tone.
    Federyc- Tall and muscular, dark auburn hair, brown eyes, scars down his torso and along the side of his neck and cheek, olive colored skin.
    Dannya- Wavy auburn hair, hooded blue eyes, straight nose, wide lips, tall and delicate frame, golden skin tone.
    Brien- Slightly hunched over framed, long salt & pepper hair (mostly white), light brown almond shaped eyes, thin lips, crooked nose, pale slightly wrinkled skin.
    [There are more but I don't want to list them all...]

  5. What scene are you most excited to write?

    I'm excited to write a lot of scenes. I don't think there's any I'm more excited about than the others. I have love for it all.

  6. Share a snippet or a scene that you really enjoyed writing.

          “Did you know it’s actually considered rude to do work while food is on the table?”
    Huon looked up from his papers, sat back, and smirked. Then he rolled up the ones he was looking at and pushed them all away. “My apologies, I wouldn’t want you to think of me in such a way.”
           “Don’t worry. I already do.”
    This comment made him laugh and then shake his head, “I must be making a poor example of myself.”
    “I think it’s your princely status. That loses you a few points automatically.”
    “Is that true? Huh… interesting. Most women say my... ‘princely status’, as you call it, is a desirable trait.”
    “That’s because they’re insane.”

  7. Now that you're writing, have any of the plot details, or the process itself, turned out different from what you planned or imagined?

    Oh yeah, there's two whole chapters I wasn't expecting to have in there, but they definitely make the story more interesting.

  8. Is there a character or aspect of your plot that's difficult to write?

    The connection of the "famous" Legend with Maeryn as a whole has been a fairly challenging aspect to write. There are a lot of subtle details that need to be worked out still.

  9. What’s your favorite aspect of this novel so far? Favorite character?

    I really like Maeryn and Huon's flirtatious banter with one another. It's witty and sarcastic, I think it's really great, but of course I have a bias opinion on the matter.

  10. Have you drawn off of any life experiences or people you know to create your novel and your characters?

    Not really, no. I just threw a bunch of things that I liked in there and came out with something beautiful. Like a rainbow. Or Outer Space.

  11. Do you have a playlist or certain song for your novel and/or characters?

    Umm...


  12. Let’s have some fun for a moment: imagine you are somehow transported into your book’s world. Which character are you most likely to be found hanging out with?

    I'd really like to hang out with either Maeryn or Huon or maybe even Brien would be nice. He's a cool dude. Lol

  13. How do you keep yourself motivated to finish your daily wordcount? (Pinterest? Internet breaks? Chocolate?)

    Um.. I don't know. I just do it. I tell myself to write. I think about all the exciting things that are coming in my writing and I urge myself to move forward. (I'm going to see if Pinterest helps though. I hope it does.)

  14. What your favourite writing quote or piece of writing advice?

    I don't know if this is exactly a "writing" quote but I like it, "Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art." that's by Neil Gaiman. And there's also another quote by him I really love: "Because, if one is writing novels today, concentrating on the beauty of the prose is right up there with concentrating on your semi-colons, for wasted effort."

  15. How does this book make you feel so far? Are you laughing? Crying? Frustrated?

    I think it's safe to say I'm a mixture of frustration and contentment. Right now I'm simply trying to keep hold of my sanity with all these wild ideas rumbling around in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.