Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The End of NaNoWriMo!

Well everyone, NaNoWriMo is over and I didn't get to fifty-thousand like I wanted. I tried really really hard too. But I'll just have to do better next time. I'm a little disappointed I didn't win, but there was only so much I could do until it was irrevocably hopeless.

I got a decent amount of words knocked out during the month however. So my time spent stressing over the words wasn't completely wasted. 44,612 words may not be 50k, but since this is the farthest I've ever written in any of my stories I'm actually really proud of this number. Not to mention I met some really awesome people this month who were also struggling with their own novels. It was such a great experience and I'm really glad I decided to join in the end. I had so much fun freaking out and chatting about plot ideas with those I met. The community is so fun and inviting that it made me automatically feel welcomed.

My plans for my NaNo novel? Well obviously I'm not going to just forget about it simply because NaNo is over. I'll keep working on it throughout December and January until I finish. It's going to be a lot more than 50k words. I was thinking at first it would be 100,000 but lately I've been wondering if that would really be enough. It's going to be a HUGE honker of a book when I'm done, I'll tell you that. I love it so much though. It's definitely a favorite. I never thought I'd have so much fun with such a stressful event, even though I didn't win, and I won't hesitate to do it again.

So did any of you participate in NaNoWriMo this year? If so, did you come out a winner on top? Or did you flop like I did? Let me know in the comments below! I'd like to hear about some of the work you've been focused on. I love chatting about writing! :D



4 comments:

  1. I hit a good word count (I'm an "overachiever," we gather in the Beyond 50k forums on the website and cry about wrist pain), but I didn't feel like I got much accomplished. I just think I was too busy in October and didn't have enough planned to write. 44k is nothing to shake a stick at, though, that's fantastic! And 50k is actually really short for a novel, so the fact yours might be 100k+ is good.
    I hope you stick to it. It can be hard to keep motivated, but it's definitely worth it. I always have problems writing after NaNo. Best of luck finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy for you and your dominating win of NaNoWriMo! Congratulations! What was your story about? And will it be a stand-alone or part of a series? I'm excited about all the ideas I have for this world and the rest of my story. There's no way I can let myself give up. I am taking a small break though, just for now, until this semester of school is over. There are papers that must be written first. Then I'll be focusing on the more important work. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Wow congrats on so many words! I didn't participate this year which was a shame but I'm glad your experience was so great! :)

    http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/christmaswinter-recommendations.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! It's too bad you didn't join, but there is always next year of course. :D Join in on all the fun then.

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.