Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 | Day 1 Update



The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Number of Pages Read Today: 
126 pgs

Total Number of Pages: 
126 pgs

Books:
Currently Reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas

Thoughts/Ramblings: 

I think I had a pretty good day today. I'm actually really proud of how far I got on the first day. I honestly wasn't expecting to get so many pages read. But I did! So that's great. I'm only about 70ish pages from the end of the book, which I'm certain I'll have finished by tomorrow, and then I'll have to figure out what I'm picking up next. I think I know already. Anyways, I'm really proud of what I got accomplished. How was your first day of the read-a-thon? Were you able to achieve your personal goals for the day? What are you reading at the moment?
 

12 comments:

  1. Yay for 126 pages! I'm actually jealous of what you're reading right now! Good luck :)
    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the luck! I think it's doing me well. (:

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I'm not participating in the read-a-thon because school just started and I'm already behind on homework ahah

    Most recent post: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-taylor-swift-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support. (: It's a shame you can't join along. But school is important! I hope you do well with catching up.

      Delete
  3. AHHHH! I'm so excited you're reading Throne of Glass!! I really hope you're enjoying it. And if you are, the next two book are even more amazing!
    Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it. Loved it. Now I'm caught in a debate of what I should read next. Lol :P
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I've heard amazing things about Throne of Glass! Hope you enjoy! Congrats for 126 pages - that's great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! So amazing. You should definitely pick it up if it's something that sounds interesting to you. And thank you! I'm still impressed I got that much read.

      Delete
  5. Throne of Glass is soooo good! I was surprised by how vain the MC is.
    I'm ahead of my goals right now especially since one of the books I read was a manga - it was really good so I don't even care lol. I still have yet to write a review though.
    I'm reading The Shadow Society and Olive's Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mangas count! I don't care what anyone else says. They count. Lol I know the struggle, I have to write SO MANY reviews it's not even funny. It's actually sad how far behind I've gotten with them. I've never heard of those books.. Are they good?

      Delete
  6. You read over 100 pages? Good job! I made a dent in my Americanah audio book (but it's 17 hours long so I don't feel too successful), but I haven't had time to read physical pages. Blah.

    Keep up the good work, I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I was impressed with myself. I've been doing well with this read-a-thon. Makes me happy. :P
      There's still plenty of time to get farther along. And even if you can't, well that's still okay too! 17 hours is along time. You keep up the good work too!!

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.