Sunday, February 22, 2015

Love-A-Thon: Mini Challenge | High Fives

This is a challenge to celebrate some of your favorite things. Now... I couldn't pick just one for each of these topics. That's just too much. It's impossible, really. Especially for me. So I picked a couple for each. I hope no one gets upset if I didn't list you. You are all brilliant, don't think you're not. Keep being yourself and stay fabulous.


Books? Outlander, Fangirl, Percy Jackson series, Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Harry Potter, clearly, but I didn't want to be so obvious)
Genre? Fantasy is my all time favorite, I just love it so much with all it's intriguing craziness. Paranormal/Supernatural is either second or third with Historical fiction, I could never deny myself a good Romance, and lastly there's the Classics. (Can that be considered a genre? Probably not. Oh well.)
Author? Rick Riordan I love all his characters and the unique way he twists different mythologys into his own little play things, Tahereh Mafi has a beautiful and poetic writing style that I absolutely adore, Sarah J. Maas has amazing plots and characters in her stories and she knows how to keep her readers on their toes, Rainbow Rowell makes me feel all the feels and then some, Jane Austen created complex characters and interesting dynamics, Emily Brönte created a haunting and powerful prose that still rattles my bones when I think about it.
Blogger? Mel from Thedailyprophecy has a beautiful blog that I'm totally jealous of, Cait from Paper Fury has funny posts that I absolutely adore, Sky at Further Up and Further in makes me want work harder to better my writing and to do it more often, Alexa our wonderful host, created this awesome event and has great posts, also she's a fan of fantasy which is definitely a plus.
Book Merchandise? I sadly don't have a lot of book merchandise. Only a couple of things.. like a mockingjay pin and a Harry Potter sweater. I want to get more though. Lots more. When I can. For not I just look at all the merch that I want. Like all the cute bookmarks I keeping seeing, the Harry Potter Time-Turner necklace, Ravenclaw leggings. So many things I want. Haha!

I hope I didn't ramble on too much. This was a lot more fun to do than I was expecting. I almost feel like I went a little too crazy. But I like it, I'm happy.


8 comments:

  1. You shouldn't be jealous, your blog is fantastic too! :) Harry Potter sweaters/clothes are the best <3

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Though I still like yours much better. I think it pushes me to improve my own blog.

      Delete
  2. I totally buy all of the Harry Potter merchandise ever, because I can't get enough! It's particularly bad when I've visited the park in Orlando - I just want to grab everything I see and buy it. And you're so sweet for the shout-out - thank you! It's been awesome getting to know you through the Love-a-Thon shenanigans that have been going on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Harry Potter has some of the best merchandise options. There's so many different things to choose from and I just want all of them lol. Including the world... and the magic.... and all the mystical creatures. The works. And you're welcome! I wanted to show my appreciation for you creating the event and giving me the opportunity to meet so many new people that I wouldn't have known about otherwise. Getting to know you and all the others in the past two days has just been brilliant. (:

      Delete
  3. Yes! I love Rick Riordan SO much! I can't wait for his next series to come out! So excited he's tackling Norse mythology next! I adore Sarah J. Maas and will read anything that woman writes. I've only read on Rowell book (Landline) but I really enjoyed it so I need to read more! Aw I love all things HP so those trinkets sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS NEW SERIES TO COME OUT!!!! I was beyond ecstatic when I found out he was doing a Norse retelling. I love the Percy Jackson series with a fiery passion and I have no doubt this Magnus series will be brilliant as well. I can't wait to get my hands on those books!! My favorite RRowell book is definitely Fangirl. So cute. And each one of Sarah J Maas' books I read makes me fall in love with her more.
      HP just has too many good things!! Too many!

      Delete

Don't be shy, really, I'd love to hear from you.